Monday, April 7, 2014

DIY shirt deisgn

Hi Everyone, Its been a while but I'm back!

Have you ever seen a shirt with a cute quote, saying or picture that you just loved but when looking at the price tag its just ridiculously priced? Especially if its for your child.

Well this is where I got the idea to make the shirt myself without spending a crazy amount!

Im sure we all have that one plain shirt at home, why not make into something fun!

Remember you can use this technique on many different things like a purse, jacket or sweater!

MATERIAL:

Printable Iron on Paper

A shirt (or whatever you will be ironing on)

Iron

STEP 1:

You're going to get your image or wording printed *I would suggest to practing printing before printing on actual transfer paper

I did all my wording on a word document

*BE SURE IF YOU ARE USING WORDS THAT YOU CHANGE IT TO A MIRROR IMAGE OR ELSE YOUR WORDING IS GOING TO BE BACKWARDS

STEP 2:

Get your iron ready and be sure to read the directions on your packaging that way you know how long to iron your image for.

Iron image

STEP 3:

Peel paper after ironing

*One thing I did wrong on my first try was peeling the paper off right after ironing, Wait a few seconds for it too cool down then peel and DO NOT OVER IRON it will burn the shirt, I know because it happened to me on my first shirt..oppsss

Step 4:

Enjoy your Shirt!

Here are a few that I made

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS